Tofu Yellow Curry & Rice
1 Cup – Jasmine Rice
1 tbsp. – Vegetable Oil
2 tbsp. – Mae Ploy Yellow Curry Paste
1 can – Coconut Milk
1 container – extra firm tofu, diced
1 ea. – Red Bell Pepper cut into strips
1 ea. – White Onion cut into strips
2 oz. – cut basil (can leave whole as well)
- Prepare jasmine rice in a separate pot by boiling 2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice. Cook until done, about 15 mins. Most rice has cooking instructions on their bags.
- While the rice is cooking, heat up a large pan with oil then add the curry paste.
- Let curry paste sauté for about 2 minutes then add coconut milk to pan.
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil then add the diced tofu to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper to the pan and continue to cook until mixture boils.
- Once boiling again, add the white onion to pan.
- Cook the curry until the onions begin to look clear, about 4-5 minutes.
- Once done, let curry simmer. At this point you may add more curry paste to taste.
- Remove curry from heat then add basil.
- Serve curry with rice and garnish with additional basil.