“A GOAL IS A DREAM WITH A DEADLINE.” ~Napoleon Hill
Now is the time to put your goals into action. The New year is the perfect opportunity to start pursuing the goals you’ve always wanted to achieve. Whether you want to get healthy, get out of debt, or improve your relationships, you can boost your chances of success by setting realistic and measurable goals.
There are three things that are essential to creating tangible goals.
#1 – THING BIG
What is one thing that would improve your life dramatically and give you the biggest boost?
#2 – ANALYZE YOUR HABITS AND BEHAVIOR
Don’t let bad habits and behaviors sabotage your hard work. Once you’ve thought of a goal, ask yourself these questions:
- What current habits or behaviors will help me reach my goal?
- What current habits or behaviors will impede my efforts? For example, if your goal is to run a marathon and you’re already running or working out a few times a week, your current fitness habits will help you reach your goal. However, if the last time you ran was during an elementary field day, you’ll have to make running a habit so that you can achieve your goal.
#3 – WRITE IT DOWN
Studies show that writing down your goal will improve your chances of achieving it.
- Approach your goal as if you’ve already achieved it. This will put you in the right mindset.
- Be Specific. The more specific your goal is the better. Instead of saying, “I have lost weight” say, “I have lost 20 pounds and dropped two pants sizes.”
- Divide it up. Large goals are easier to reach if you break them into smaller pieces. Divide your big goal into smaller short-term and mid-term goals. If your goal is to run a marathon, a short-term goal would be to run a 5k within the next month, and a mid-term goal would be to run a half marathon by June.
- Give yourself a time limit. Setting a deadline will help you maintain the focus and drive you need to achieve your goal.
- Track your progress. Tracking allows you to see how far you’ve come and may give you the extra motivation you need when you’re feeling discouraged.
We here at Team Troy have a goal to help 60 families with real estate this year! In order to achieve our DREAMS and the DREAMS of 60 families – WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please call us with the contact information for anyone you can think of that is looking to buy, sell, or invest in real estate!
We look forward to continuing to provide you with an excellent level of service in 2015.